Conservation Advice & Services at HALS
Are you starting on new project, or maybe thinking of setting up a local history group? If so, you may well have some historic documents that need a little loving care!
Conservation Advice and Training
HALS can advise you on:
– handling documents and volumes
– how to treat damaged items
– how to display, package and wrap
– preparing collections for deposit or donation
They can also deliver workshops and talks on caring for and storing books, documents and film. All advice and training is charged at £60/hour.
HALS can also undertake professional conservation work on your behalf:
– Assess and repair documents
– Clean and flatten items
– Prepare material for digitization
All conservation services are charged at £60 per hour, plus materials. For more information, contact hertsdirect@Hertfordshire.gov.uk
Another good idea if you’re just starting out is to pick up a conservation pack in the HALS heritage shop or online.