Bringing the History of Smallford Station To Life
A project to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Opening of the Hatfield - St Albans Railway Line
By Marion Hill
October 2015 will see 150th Anniversary of the opening of the Hatfield – St Albans line and a group of local people have come together to celebrate.
Friday 16 October
- Guided Walk along the whole length of Alban Way, 10 am
- Evening Lecture and Exhibition, 7pm at University of Hertfordshire. Book your place for these FREE events via www.eventbrite.co.uk
Sunday 18 October
- Led Walks along parts of The Alban Way
- Activities along the Alban Way at Nast Hyde/Ellenbrook, Smallford, Hill End, Fleetville and London Road
- Guided Cycle Rides along Alban Way
- Exhibition:‘Bringing the History of Smallford Station to Life’ Project Exhibition
- Copies of self-guided walk available on the day
This project has come about thanks to an exciting collaboration between Colney Heath Parish Council, HCC Countryside Management Service, St Albans District Council, University of Hertfordshire Heritage Hub, Hertfordshire Archives & Local Studies, Smallford, Sopwell and Ellenbrook Residents’ Associations, Highfield Park Trust, Fleetville Diaries, North London Society of Model Engineers, Colney Heath WI.
Find out more at the Smallford Project website.