What do you need to know?
- Stories have a limit of 500 words.
- Your story should be true or be based on the truth and could be that of a third party with their permission.
- Please suggest a title for your story or artwork.
- You can give your name, use an alias or stay anonymous. We would be grateful if you could include the library you use most often or the town or village where you live, plus your social media tag(s) (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) if you would be happy for us to credit your story if we share it on social media.
- We will accept artwork in any medium as long as it can be sent digitally (i.e. video, audio, image) All digital files should be a maximum of 10MB to be uploaded on Herts Memories
- For audio, files must be mp3
- For video, we can embed links from Vimeo or YouTube. Alternatively, you can send us your video of up to 20MB and we’ll upload to our YouTube before embedding it on Herts Memories.
- For images, files must be .jpg or .png
- All stories will be published on hertsmemories.org.uk and your story could be selected for use in workshops and represented in other art forms. It may also be used in subsequent #MyStory productions.
- We reserve the right not to publish or to edit anything which could be offensive, inflammatory, libellous or discriminatory; not to identify someone without their consent; not to breach a copyright or potentially break any law.
Data Protection Act 1998
Any personal data supplied will not be used for any purpose other than that which the information was originally collected and will not be disclosed to any external sources without your written consent (unless there is a legal obligation to do so). The personal data you supply us with will be retained by Hertfordshire Library Service and Nysa Projects for communication throughout the duration of the My Story programme. You retain the copyright to any story or artwork supplied to us but we will continue to use your story or artwork in events, activities and promotions as part of the My Story programme until you advise us otherwise.