What do you need to know?
All submissions (maximum size 10MB for image and audio files) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with “MyStoryFamilies” as the subject.
Please include a title for the story and information on its creator: name; age; the library you use most frequently or the name of the town or village where you live.
- Submitting an entry indicates acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to children aged 3 – 17.
- All submissions should be made by a parent/ carer- any sent by a child will be returned.
- By submitting you agree to your child’s artwork/script/story being published on www.hertmemories.org.uk and possibly being used in future workshops or subsequent My Story productions.
- All submissions must be the child’s original work.
- Image files need to be .jpg or .png
- Audio files need to be mp3
- For video, we can embed links from Vimeo or YouTube. Alternatively, you can send us a video (up to 20MB) and we’ll upload it to our YouTube channel and embed it on Herts Memories.
- Written stories should be no more than 500 words.
- For all personal images submitted, a signed Image consent form will be requested
- We reserve the right not to publish or to edit anything which could be offensive, inflammatory, libellous or discriminatory; not to identify someone without their consent; not to breach a copyright or potentially break any law.
Data Protection Act 1998
Any personal data supplied will not be used for any purpose other than that which the information was originally collected and will not be disclosed to any external sources without your written consent (unless there is a legal obligation to do so). The personal data you supply us with will be retained by Hertfordshire Library Service and Nysa Projects for communication throughout the duration of the My Story programme. You retain the copyright to any story or artwork supplied to us, but we will continue to use your story or artwork in events, activities and promotions as part of the My Story programme until you advise us otherwise.