These views look over the Three Blackbirds and towards Chapel Road. The old image dates from the 1900s and the view was replicated in 2020. The almshouses are visible in the bottom right of both photographs. The main difference in the current view is the absence of the Wesleyan Chapel (built around 1830, demolished in the 1960s). The houses that stood ahead of it on Chapel Road – Flintstone Cottage, Mortons Cottage and Mortons Place – date from 17th century and remain today. Two modern houses on the left at the end of this stretch of road have replaced the 19th century cottages seen in the old photograph. The recreation ground, with cricket screen and tennis courts visible today, was developed in 1918 on land bought by the parish council and partly donated by Sir Guy Saunders Sebright.