The village hall stands on land between The Croft and the Green Man that was donated to the village, along with the building thereon, under a deed of gift dated 10th June 1912 by Alfred Harry Browning, owner of The Croft. This deed still governs its management.
The hall was originally a church in Hastings with a small spire on the roof at the front. It was purchased secondhand in 1909 for £130 (erected). The rear kitchen and store room were an added extension.