This was known as “The mud chapel school”.
The church of St Mary Magdelene was built in 1882 to replace the so called “mud chapel” nearby, used since 1861 as a place of worship and later the village school. The school closed in 1932 and became a furniture store; it was later destroyed by fire. Only the school bell was saved. Among the pupils are members of the Wren family.