The Skittles Inn opened in Exhibition Road on March 8th 1907. The road was named ‘Nevells Road’ a year after.
The inn was home for dances, lectures and trade union meetings. The Skittles Adult School held meetings to discuss various subjects such as ‘The Policitcal Position of Women’.
In 1923 the Skittles Inn closed, and in 1925 the building became the new home of the Letchworth Settlement.