This is the team that helped to win the Hertfordshire County Cricket Club Challenge Cup for three consecutive years, the last one in 1890, when the club was allowed to retain the trophy.
Standing left to right: C. Harvey (Redbourn Boys School’s first headmaster), W. T. Westell (umpire – St. Albans), G. G. Webb (Dairy Farm), W. H. Golds (Childwickbury Estate), F. Fields (Corner Farm, Gaddesden Row), Joe Skillman (Redbourn Post Office), T. Liddington (High Street shop keeper), Dan Skillman (Redbourn Post Office).
Middle left to right: John Sansom (Ver House – watercress grower), Arthur Coles (Lavender Cottage), Tom Connor (Captain for over 20 years – Fish Street Farm), Fred Johnston (St. Albans), George Hartley (St. Albans),
Seated on the ground left to right: A. Grace (High Street), Tom Sansom (Ver House), Joe Winchester (High Street).
The trophy and its case can be seen at the front.