Four images of Waltham Cross, from before World War 1 to after World War 2. All four show a similar view, looking up to the Eleanor Cross from the south.
The first is from 1911, showing the tram heading to Edmonton.
The second is from 1915, also with the tram. It can be seen from these pictures that the southern part of the High Street is still largely residential.
The third is undated, possibly between the wars. The Regent Cinema can be seen on the left.
The fourth is also undated, probably from the 1950s or early 1960s. The tram-tracks are gone, but wires for the trolley-busses can still be seen. The Regent is on the left.