Watford. Watford Tabernacle or Cecil Street
A source at Watford Museum mentioned an almshouse in Cecil Street, provided by Derby Road Baptist Church. There are no obvious signs of a particular building in Cecil Street, an ordinary residential road.
The Charity Commission website records the Watford Tabernacle Almshouses (aka Derby Road Baptist Church) and the linked Watford Tabernacle Trust Fund, refs 212254 and 212254-1 respectively. Little information is included about the charities. The charitable objects were for the benefit of the poor of the congregation of the Watford Baptist Tabernacle and of the Brach Chapel ‘Beulah Chapel’ Callow Land. They had to be of good character. Both were removed in July 2005, citing they ceased to exist. The Trust Fund dates back to a deed dated 23 April 1908, about 20 years after Derby Road church was erected. Just before closure income was about £18,000 and expenditure about £12,000.