Northchurch. Unknown donor
An unknown donor gave land on which 4 tenements were erected, each for a poor widow. They were pulled down and the land sold.
This reference has been obtained from Cussans’ book, and is the only reference so far located. It cannot refer to the current St Mary’s almshouse which dates back to the 14th and 15th centuries due to the reference of being pulled down.
History of Hertfordshire, by John Edwin Cussans vol 3 Dacorum Hundred p95.
Originally published Stephen Austin & Sons 1870-81
Republished E P Publishing in collaboration with Hertfordshire County Library 1972